2022 NAVAJO NATION GENERAL ELECTION DAY - NOVEMBER 8, 2022
VOTER REGISTRATION IS OPEN: TO REGISTER, BRING YOUR ID, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND CERTIFICATION OF INDIAN BLOOD.
VOTER REGISTRATION CLOSES: September 30, 2022
ABSENTEE VOTING BEGINS: October 10, 2022
VOTING BY MAIL: Mailed Absentee Ballot Request Application must be physically in NEA Office: October 24, 2022
VOTING IN PERSON: Last Day to Vote in Person at any Navajo Election Office: November 4, 2022
DISTRICT 14 COUNCIL DELEGATE CANDIDATES:
1. Olin Kieyoomia – Tohatchi Chapter
2. JT Willie – Twin Lakes Chapter
NAVAJO NATION PRESIDENT CANDIDATES:
1. Johnathan Nez – Shonto Chapter
2. Buu Nygren –
Navajo Nation Homesite Lease Application Drive
Navajo Nation Homesite Application available at Tohatchi Community Chapter.
- Please bring with you: Driver’s License or ID, Certification of Indian Blood (CIB). For Joint Applicants, valid Marriage License.
- Please bring with you $35.00 money order
- Tohatchi Chapter Staff will assist you with application.
- Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022
Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (NTUA) is now accepting applications for the following through the ARHA Funds.
1. Water Line Service (Homesite Lease is required)
2. Electric Hook-up (Homesite Lease is required)
3. Solar Hook-Up (For individuals who are not close to an existing powerline)
All applications available at Tohatchi Chapter or any NTUA Offices
Tohatchi Community Chapter is now purchasing fire woods for Tohatchi Community
- Short Bed for $120.00 (Even with bed)
- Long Bed for $140.00 (Even with bed)
- Must have Driver’s License/ID, Social Security Card and NN Wood Sale Permit
- Accepting Oak, Pinon or Cedar and NO PINE
- Firewood has to be chopped for our Elders to buy and use
Checks will be distributed on TUESDAY and THURSDAY ONLY, so bring firewood on those days.
Septic Tank Cleaning Service
Tohatchi Community Chapter will be assisting the Community with request of Septic Tank Cleaning Assistance. Septic Tank Cleaning Assistance will be for anyone who hasn’t received septic tank service with the past two (2) years of (25) community members. Must be living in the home. First come first serve.
Money Order of $100.00 per household to the Chapter.
DEADLINE: Friday, October 7, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Applications may be picked up at the Chapter
Community Land Use Planning Committee (CLUPC) Membership
Tohatchi CLUPC membership will require a letter of interest to the Chapter President. The purpose of the CLUPC is to develop and approve the processes of local land use plan, oversee land use planned activities.
- Each CLUPC member shall serve for one year from October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023.
- Must be a Registered Voter of Tohatchi Chapter.
DEADLINE: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 4:00 pm